in Direct Mail
5 Tips to Marketing with Postcards
Postcards are a very cost-effective way to promote events, market food, generate website traffic, and make special offers and promotions… if you do it right.
- Make a Big First Impression. Use attractive images and larger sizes to stand out. Make sure the graphics are striking: the better the image, the better the response.
- Get to the Point. Postcards are ready to read. Make your biggest benefit the first thing the reader sees. This encourages them to engage with your postcard. Be direct.
- Choose the Right Purpose. Postcards are most effective when used to generate website traffic or generate excitement and interest for something to come. They are less effective for closing sales because they don't provide for a detailed message. Don’t include much (if any) actual information about what you are selling. Instead, promote major benefits. You are trying to persuade the reader to visit your website or to take some other action. Your customer may take more definitive action if the matter is time sensitive and they must act immediately.
- Make a Strong Call to Action. You have only a few moments to get the reader's attention and to persuade them to act. Keep your message brief and make sure the reader can clearly understand at a glance what action they should take.
- Include a Strong Offer. Just telling your reader how to get more information may not be enough. Give them a reason to respond now or many will put your postcard aside and forget to take action. Examples of good offers are a discount, a free consultation, a time frame requirement, or limited seating availability.
- Direct Mail: EDDM, Saturation and Targeted List Mailings — Let's review the various options you have to mail to your customers and prospects, and the requirements and limitations of each solution.
in the mail
Want to know more? Contact your salesperson or call 800-652-6567 to access the experts at Holland Litho.