Deeper dive: press checks explained
A press check is conducted on-site by you at our plant. It is a last-chance type of proof typically used to confirm color accuracy. Once Holland Litho has completed the make-ready and set your project up on press, we pull a printed sheet on your actual stock for you to review. We view it with you in color-corrected lighting, with your proofs, and confirm that you like everything. You provide us with a final sign-off.
Press checks are by appointment only and are scheduled at the time we believe your project will be ready to run.
When should you request a press check?
You are always welcome to request a press check. Here are some scenarios where they may make sense.
- You are using a specialty paper, and are uncertain how it will look.
- You are using specialty colors or need a color match, for example logo colors.
- You have color-critical images.
- You are rebranding your logos and corporate identity with new colors and printing them for the first time.
- You are new to working with Holland Litho. If you feel like coming in and giving your approval, we welcome you. We can even give you a tour while you are here!
Just bear in mind, our presses run on a tight schedule. Please be sure to be punctual for press check time to avoid any idle time on press. It’s good to stay in touch with your sales rep on exact timing as it approaches.
To learn more or schedule a press check, please contact your sales rep.