Putting Informed Delivery to work for your direct mail campaigns
it's a whole new channel to attract consumers to your product or service
Our first article detailed the benefits of Informed Delivery to consumers. While those are strong, they pale in comparison to opportunities the service provides to mailers.
First, we can't emphasize enough how fast this is growing. When Rick Baarman (our VP Sales and Marketing) and John Neumann (our Direct Mail Manager) attended the National Postal Forum May 5-9, the subscribers were up to 16.4 million. That's nearly a million more than when the infographic was produced less than 60 days before!
There are six components of an Informed Delivery direct mail campaign. Let's quickly walk through them. Lots more information on the service and its benefits is available in our free white paper, which you can get just by asking via the form below.
1. The original mail piece. You already are doing direct mail. You don't need to change a thing about your mailpiece design.
2. The representative image. The USPS creates a black-and-white default image for your mailer. We can replace that image with a color preview of your mailer.
3. The ride-along ad. The accompanying ride-along ad provides another way for consumers to engage with the key call-to-action of your mailer. It links to the destination of your choice (see below).
4. The web link. We can add the specific URL that is the embedded link to the ride-along ad. This takes them to the location of your choice.
5. The web landing page. The ride-along ad's link can bring consumers to a custom-developed landing page, a donation page, a product or category page or even just your website.
6. Reporting. The USPS provides information on a number of Informed Delivery details and metrics, such as who and how many of your mailpiece recipients opened their emails and clicked the embedded link.
fill out this form to receive our white paper!
Holland Litho has a white paper on Informed Delivery. It explains in detail the service to consumers and the amazing benefits to mailers. Best of all, it is free! Fill out the form and you will be redirected to the downloadable zip file.