See who viewed your piece online using USPS Informed Delivery
Did you know you can get a snapshot of who viewed your piece online using Informed Delivery, the USPS service that allows consumers to preview what will be in their mailbox?
This can give you insight into users who interacted with your campaign on with a second, online impression.
What is informed delivery?
Informed Delivery is an optional, free feature that gives residential consumers the ability to digitally preview their mail and manage their packages from one convenient location.
- Through Informed Delivery, users (also referred to as subscribers) can view images of letter-size mail and color images from participating mailers via email notification, online dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com, or the mobile app.
- Package tracking information on Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail® and other parcels is available through the Informed Delivery dashboard and mobile app only.
- This feature offers consumers the convenience of seeing what is coming to their mailbox — anytime, anywhere — even while traveling.
Participating mailers can provide supplemental content, allowing users to take immediate action on a mailpiece.
What are the benefits for mailers?
Informed Delivery allows mailers to:
- Take advantage of a new digital channel, tying hardcopy mail to digital content.
- Receive an additional digital impression for the intended recipient and additional impressions for other household members who are Informed Delivery users.
- Experience high email open rates (~70% daily average).
Informed Delivery interactive campaigns provide additional benefits, allowing mailers to:
- Enhance the presentation of the scanned mailpiece images that consumers are already receiving.
- Give the mail recipient or other household members the opportunity to take action immediately on their mailpiece by clicking on a campaign image/website link — regardless of whether or not they retrieve mail from the physical mailbox.
- Coordinate multi-channel campaigns.
- Collect information on campaign reach and results (e.g., open rates, click-through rates) through data analytics.
Want to learn more?
Give us a call and we an walk you through Informed Delivery and your campaign options.